Portion: for 3 adults
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Cost: SGD 30
500g premium shrimps shelled and de-veined
1/2 cup premium sambal chili
500g premium shrimp paste
500g premium mackeral fish paste
1/2 cup salted low starch solution
1/4 cup sugar
1/10 cup lime juice
1/10 cup coconut milk
2 banana leaves cut into 6 pieces
Sambal Chili paste
Add whole shrimps in the Otah adds crunch to the normal soft paste. Having lime juice balances the overly heavy and spicy Otah, making it an appetizer more than a hunger cure.
1) Mix in a bowl all the ingredients for Paste.
2) Separate into 6 portions and Wrap up the Paste.
3) Steam under high heat for 10 mins. Cool it down.
4) Barbecue the Paste in Wrap. Remove Wrap before serving Paste .
5) Serve with dip, baked hot dog buns, tea and salad for a family fiesta picnic.